When you think of 9/11 what do you think of?
Do you remember where you were? Who you were with? What you were doing? I think most of us have the same answer: Yes.
I remember that day more clearly than almost any other that year. I remembered all the confused faces on my classmates. I remember my mother's hug that morning. I remember the quiet of that day, when all anyone could ask was "Why?". I remember the TV; it was on all day. I remember the buildings, the planes, George W. Bush, and the people who were effected by the crashes.
Most of all I remember the coming together of a nation, and the selflessness of it's people. I remember all the people who donated blood, the bravery of the first responders, and all the citizens who did everything they could to make a bad situation just a little better for everyone who was much more directly and personally involved than I was.
I remember looking up in the air and not seeing a single plane. I remember seeing that first plane fly over my head again a few days later and have that sense of confusion all over again. Now, I get on an airplane about once a month, and every time I go through security I remember a little of that day.
Is this blog really about travel this week? Not so much. But I would love to know your experiences of that day in 2001. I would also like to know how 9/11 has effected your travel over the past 10 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment